So finally you have connected your website to Cloudflare in others to maximize security, but oops!!! a big problem, you no longer receive emails.
We discussed fixing WWW error after you connect your website to Cloudflare. Well, this problem is similar (Site doesn't work after adding WWW before URL).
After you add your site to Cloudflare, you'll need to sort out the WWW and email issues yourself as it doesn't automatically set itself as the default.
What is the likely cause of email not working after adding website to Cloudflare?
The likely reason why you are not receiving emails to your webmail or other platform is due to DNS settings on Cloudflare. If you use an email address that firstname.lastname@example.org, this is not a business or custom email address as the email is hosted by Gmail which is owned by Google. But if you have something similar email@example.com, you can see it ends with my domain name, it can also be accessed through my Cpanel. If you use an email address that does not end with your domain name, it is not a custom email address and cannot be found in your Cpanel or your hosting provider.
Essentially, people using an email address that is not on their hosting platform will have trouble receiving email when using Cloudflare.
Setting up DNS via Cloudflare would solve this problem in no time, how can we do that?
How to set up your email correctly on Cloudflare
Follow this information to set up email correctly on Cloudflare.
1. Log in to your Cloudflare, look for your domain and click on it.
2. At the top left of the screen is a menu button, click it. Look for (DNS) and click on it.
3. Here we need to create a (A) record. Click the Add Record button.
4. After clicking (Add post), Click (Type) set it to (A) set (name) to (Mail) Then fill in your server IP address.
Cloudflare advises users to use different email IP addresses and server origin IP addresses. This is because it can reduce the strength of Cloudflare security as IP addresses can be exposed to threats.
If you're using a shared hosting plan, you likely only have one IP address. But if you use, let's say dedicated hosting plan or other plans, you can have a different IP address for email and IP address for server origin.
So fill in your IP address, if you don't know your IP address contact your hosting provider. However, if you are using a shared hosting plan, you may want to use the IP address of the server origin.
5. Save the entry. Now we have to remove the power of attorney. Click on the authorization and remove it. This is because emails cannot be sent as a proxy.
Note: If you do this, your IP address may be exposed. This is for those using the same email IP address and server origin IP address, please note.
6. We will need to create another record. Move over to (Add post), click on it. This time sets (Type) to (MX).
7. The next part is (name) and under (name) section in (@) for root domain.
8. Move over to the next block after (name) you should be able to see (Email server) you need to get your mail server address. You will find it in the credentials for your company email account that you created. Check this out to find out how you can also contact your web host to get the address.
9. Enter your email server address and enter a number for email priority, then save. Now set (MX) record only on DNS and save.
In a couple of minutes you should receive emails.
Cloudflare email not working is caused by incorrect DNS settings. Cloudflare does not automatically set (MX) you have to set them manually. Configure (MX) post for the mail server will solve the problem in a few minutes.
The post Fix email not working after adding website to Cloudflare appeared first 9yes Tide.
#Fix #email #working #adding #website #Cloudflare