Ads txt problem can sometimes be annoying especially if you are new to the website business. Some ad networks like Adsense, Hooligan ads, Galaksion ads and some other ad companies will ask you to enter the ads txt file in the root area of your website to continue the registration process.
The truth is, if you're new to blogging or new to owning a website, it can seem like a pain in the butt. But in this article we will show you an easy way how to fix ads txt problem by yourself even when you are still a beginner in the blogging business.
But first we should know what these ads txt are. If you see blogging or your website as a full-time business, you should be careful about what you upload to your website because you are uploading malicious files to your website root without confirming its source. It can cause your website to crash.
Although Ads txt may be harmless, you need to know what it is.
What is ads txt?
Ads.txt is an acronym for (Authorized Digital Sellers). The ad text consists of authorized digital sellers. The Ads.txt file gives you more leverage in terms of who will be allowed to sell ads on your site. The Ads.txt file can also be used to verify site ownership.
This is because it is uploaded to the root of the site, and only the owner or owner of the site can give permission to change their site can upload the file. Different Ads networks have their different ads.txt files, but you don't necessarily need to upload different ads.txt files to your site root as they can all be merged into the same Ads.txt file.
Here's how to check if the ads txt file is available on your site
There are different methods to check if the ads txt file is available on your website, one of the safe ways to do it is to add “/ads.txt” at the end of your domain name. for example, www.9jatide.com/ads.txt.
Note: if you receive a message “page not found” like the one I have below, it means you don't have Ads txt file in the root of your site. But if you see a series of text views, it means you have an ads txt file in the root of your site.
Where to find the ads txt file on your site
Ads txt file is not a big file, it is usually in bytes or kilobytes, it is usually located in the root (public) area of your website. Here is a procedure on how to find the ads.txt file on your website.
1. Log in to your dashboard through your hosting provider's website.
2. Look for “file manager”, preferably C panel file manager. Why I said that is because some file managers that come with hosting plans are limited.
3. Open file manager through C panel, scroll down and look for “Public_html“. Public_html is an area that can be accessed by website visitors. Scroll down and you should be able to see the Ads.txt file.
As I said before, Ads txt file is not big. It's just a single file with some text inside it.
How to add ads txt file to your website
Adding txt ads to your website is easy. To add an ads txt file to your website, follow the procedure below.
1. Download the Ads txt file from the ad network website. If you use Adsense, Hooligan Ads or other ad platforms, you should be able to see a place where you can download the ads.txt file.
2. Log in to your dashboard through your web hosting area
3. Look for a file manager, preferably the C panel file manager.
4. Open file manager through c panel, scroll down and look for “Public_html” and click on Public_html.
5. Look for the upload button, if you accessed the Public_html area using the C-panel file manager, the upload button should be on the top menu after the C-panel logo. Click the upload button.
6. A new window will appear asking you to select the file to upload. You can either use the drag and drop feature or click the “Choose File” button and locate the file you downloaded.
7. Locate the file you want to upload and double-click the file. If you are using Windows OS, the file to be uploaded should be in the downloads folder.
8. Wait for the upload field to finish loading and then refresh the page.
9. To make sure everything goes well, you may need to clear your browser and website cache.
10. Check if the Ads.txt file is now active and running by adding “/ads.txt” at the end of your domain name. For example www.9jatide.com/ads.txt.
How to add multiple texts to your ads txt file
In order for you to add more texts to the ads.txt file, you must have the ads.txt file running and accessible via your Yourwebsite/ads.txt. Follow the procedure below to add more texts to your ads.txt file:
1. Download the ads.txt file from the ad network's website to add their text.
2. Locate the ads.txt file you downloaded on your computer. It should be in the downloads folder.
3. Double-click the ads.txt file in the second one to access the texts in it. After that, copy the text you found in it.
4. Now login to your dashboard through your web hosting area
5. Look for a file manager, preferably the C panel file manager.
6. Open file manager through C panel, scroll down and look for “Public_html” and click on Public_html. Then look for the ads.txt file.
7. Once you find the ads.txt file, click on the ads.txt file and click the edit button. The edit button is located with the mouse right-click button or in the file manager's top menu after the C panel's file manager logo.
8. Click the accept button in others to make changes. At this point you should be inside the ads.txt file.
9. Remember the text we copied into the ads.txt file in step 3? We need to paste it into the ads.txt file of your website. Paste the text and then click the Save button
10. After saving, you can clear the website and browser cache after that try to access “Yourwebsite/ads.txt” to confirm whether the text you pasted is displayed
Note: for those using Galaksion ads, using this manual editing method will not work, you need to download and paste the txt file into the “Public_html” folder even if you have the ads.txt file in the Public_html folder.
How to validate ads txt file
There are different platforms used to validate ads txt files, one of the best ways I used to analyze and validate my ads.txt file is to use Adstxt validator platform to verify if ads.txt files are okay.
Here is a procedure on how to check and validate ads.txt
1. Log in to Adstxtvalidator website
2. Enter your web address and click the validate button
3. Check for errors and make sure the text in the ads.txt file is correct. If you found errors try to edit them manually by visiting Public_html / ads.txt.
Note: Some errors and warnings can be ignored.
What to do if ads txt is not displayed or not displayed properly?
If you noticed that your ads.txt isn't showing up or isn't showing up the way it should, it's likely that you have a plugin or that you've enabled a redirect method.
If you have used the Ezoic platform before, you will be asked to create a cloud-based ads.txt file using ads txt manager. When you do that, a redirect to the location of the ads.txt will be placed on your website in other to ensure that all the text in the Ezoic ads txt manager is displayed as it should be.
Fixing this is not a difficult job. Here is a procedure on how to fix problems like this.
1. Log in to Ezoic websitefill in your login details and continue
2. Click monetization in the menu
3. Look for the ads.txt manager and click on it.
4. Turn off “Enable the ads.txt manager“.
5. Also, make sure you have disabled all ads txt manager plugins on your site. This is because they can redirect the location of the ads.txt file.
Do you need a free hosting plan? check out Ezoic free WordPress hosting review
The Ads txt file is a text file that contains the texts of authorized digital sellers. It is used by various ad networks in others to give you more leverage over who gets to sell ads on your site.
It can also be used to verify ownership of a site, as only the owner or administrator can upload the file to the root of the site. However, ads txt file is not a do or die business because big companies like Adsense can work without you uploading the texts of authorized digital sellers to your site.
Although some warning is displayed about your earnings, it can still be ignored if you choose to do so.
The post How to Fix Ads Text Issues on Adsense and Other Ad Platforms appeared first 9yes Tide.
#Fix #Ads #Text #Issues #Adsense #Platforms