With the new Jetpack app, you'll still be able to focus on publishing, but with a host of other benefits like stats, notifications, and more.
Last month we introduced you to the new Jetpack mobile app. Today we'd like to share information about some upcoming changes to the WordPress app and dig into the key differences between the WordPress and Jetpack apps to help you decide which one is right for you. We are here to help you make an informed decision.
What's changing in the WordPress app?
Until now, the WordPress app has included a range of Jetpack-powered features focused on managing, growing, and keeping track of your website. In early March 2023, we will streamline the WordPress app to focus on the basics of writing and publishing. As part of that update, Jetpack features will be removed from the WordPress app and only be available in Jetpack app. To continue using your favorite Jetpack features, switch to the Jetpack app today.
Why are there two apps?
WordPress comes in more than one taste and is used for everything from newsletters to blogs, business apps to high-traffic publishing networks. After listening to feedback from a variety of users and the wider WordPress community, it became clear that there are two main sets of expectations for what a mobile WordPress experience should look like.
With that in mind, we started rethinking and designing two distinct ways for you to use WordPress on the go:
- The Jetpack app is intuitive, free to use, and puts the entire WordPress experience in your pocket, whether you're new to web publishing or a seasoned veteran. You get all the essential tools that come with the WordPress app, plus a set of features to extend your website. Discover new content and communities with Reader, track your site's performance on Stats, and receive notifications about comments and reactions with Notifications. You can download the Jetpack app today.
- The updated WordPress app will focus on the basics of writing and publishing. If you're just looking for the essential tools you need to publish on the go, with support for offline editing and the ability to upload media directly from your phone's camera roll, this might be the best app for you.
We are happy to hear from you and will continue to update the apps to meet your needs. Feel free to comment on this post if you have any questions or feedback.
Which app should I use?
Here's how the two apps compare, feature by feature:
|Functions||WordPress app||Jetpack app|
With the new Jetpack app, you'll still be able to focus on publishing, but you'll also have the added benefit of powerful website management and growth tools. The app is free to use. Once you make the switch, you'll find all the same features you enjoy with the WordPress app there, at no extra cost.
How do I switch to the Jetpack app?
To make a seamless switch to the Jetpack app from the WordPress app, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the WordPress app installed.
- Download Jetpack app for iOS or Android.
- Open the app and you'll be “automagically” signed in with all your data and settings in place, including locally stored content, saved posts, and other in-app settings.
After installing the Jetpack app, we recommend that you remove the WordPress app. Managing your site across both apps is not currently supported and may lead to issues such as data conflicts that are best avoided.
We are here to make the switch from the WordPress app to the Jetpack app as smooth as possible. Thanks for your continued support and let us know if you have any questions.
Join 98,061,467 other subscribers
#Switch #Jetpack #mobile #app